The Geneva Public Cemetery is located at 6th and K Streets in Geneva. The cemetery has been serving the community since 1877 and is maintained by the City. The City of Geneva has made it a priority to maintain the grounds and records.
The Geneva Cemetery is full of interesting stories and history. The following are just a few examples:
The first burial took place in 1875
The first cemetery association was formed on July 14, 1877
On September 21, 1928, Wilson Post #22 erected a monument in memory of the soldiers of 1861-1865, general known as the G.A.R. (Grand Army of the Republic) monument
The Cemetery constitution, bylaws, and rules and regulations were adopted more than 100 years ago on April 5, 1913
The memorial fence (south cemetery fence) was constructed at the bequest of Emil Sandrock in 1924.
Every year the local Veteran's Association holds a Memorial Day event to honor the many Veterans who are buried in the cemetery
The oldest person buried in the cemetery was 108 years old at the time of her death.